We are dedicated to providing the resources, expertise, and commitment to assist people in meeting their needs to maintain quality of life, productivity, and independence.
TAAP or the Teen Alcohol Awareness Program is developed and administered by the Family Services Department of the Community Alliance of Human Services. TAAP is designed for:
- First-time offenders underaged who have been charged with a crime involving alcohol.
- Adolescents that have been caught drinking or in possession of alcohol.
- Adolescents who are struggling with the decision to begin using or continue using alcohol.
- Parents who believe that their adolescent is in need of more education on the dangers of alcohol use and abuse.
How is TAAP Administered?
TAAP is taught in a two-hour intensive and interactive session through the use of written material, videos and peer discussion. There is a limit of twelve participants per session to enable the instructor to address individual needs. Upon completion of the program, notification is sent to the referral source indicating the success or failure of the participant in TAAP, based on their participation in the class and the evaluation of their understanding of the material presented.
Referrals to TAAP May Come From:
- Police Departments
- Probation Officers
- School Resource Officers
- The Diversion Program
What is the Subject Matter in TAAP?
TAAP provides awareness and education on:
- The specific risks to health and development associated with alcohol use by adolescents
- The legal and social consequences associated with underage alcohol use and abuse
- The role that peer pressure and personal experience may play in the decision to use or abuse alcohol
Is There a Cost for TAAP?
A nominal fee is charged to cover the cost of administration and materials. Contact the Family Services Director for information on fees and schedules.
$50.00 Sullivan County Residents
$65.00 for out of County Residents
Click here to register.Community Alliance of Human Services PO Box 188 ~ 27 John Stark Highway ~ Newport, NH 03773 (603) 863-7708