Community Alliance of Human Services (CAHS), based in Newport, NH, is seeking an Executive Director. The new Executive Director will spearhead implementation of the recently adopted strategic plan for program growth, community engagement and resource development. We are seeking a passionate leader able to think strategically and work creatively under time and budget constraints. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience and expertise in public transportation and believes in the importance of public transportation as a catalyst for economic opportunity, environmental stewardship, and equal access to services for all residents of the region.
This position requires a “hands on” administrator with the capacity to lead and supervise diverse programming services. Community Alliance programs and services include public transportation (fixed route bus service and volunteer driver program), HUD property management, and a youth court diversion program. Knowledge of public transportation/transit services is required.
This is a full-time position with benefits including paid vacation, health insurance, dental insurance, flex spending plan.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in public transportation
- Five years of experience in nonprofit or municipal management or a related field
- Experience in grant research and writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort with social media and emerging technologies
- Strong public speaking skills
- Previous experience in marketing and fundraising
- Ability to implement a strategic plan in both the immediate and long term
- Experience with change management and project management
- Proven experience cultivating and stewarding community and business partners
- Oversight for day-to-day program, financial, and human resources operations.
- Budget development, fiscal oversight, operational accountability
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements, including Department of Transportation regulations and private foundation guidelines
- Engage community partners and cultivate buy-in/support from regional business and community entities
- Oversee expansion of public transportation service including fundraising, purchase of vehicles and project management
- Assist and support the Board with external relations, including communication with key stakeholders, fund development, and event planning
- Implement strategies for growth, funding and program development as outlined in the agency strategic plan.
How to Apply:
E-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org